Monday, December 7, 2009

Whew... more then 1 today!

The Friday before Thanksgiving, Dana was laid off from his Coffman Construction job. He didn't see it coming at all. He thought he was safe from the layoffs. I thought he was joking when he called me and told me he had been laid off.

He's called everyone he knows at other companies, and they are not hiring either. They are all laying off too..

For now, he is hauling cows for Ty (Richmond Transport) and Luke (Verburg Transport) full time. Which means he's in the cow truck alot, and barely at home.

I am thankful that Dana worked hard and got his Class A CDL in July so he is legal to drive the big semi's to haul cows. I am thankful that the cow hauling business is booming still. I am thankful that Dana has something to fall back on, when so many others that are losing their jobs do not.

No comments: