Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Updates and new stuff

- Update - Blake didn't make the basketball team. He was upset about it until he heard from his friends how the first practice went. The first team practice was this morning (Tues, Oct. 28th), they had to run suicide drills for an hour before school. Blake knew his feet would have been hurting bad and he would have had no way to ice them after practice. That wouldn't have been a good thing for him. We had a nice talk with him, and we decided that at least he tried out, and he tried his best. He is planning on trying out for baseball in the Spring.

Jayden had her first band concert of the year. Her school, Ranch Elementary, is brand new so they had the dedication for the school. Jayden plays the flute again this year, and she is really good. Her concert was on Oct. 22. She did great!

Thursday Oct. 23rd, I volunteered at Jaydens school for an after school Science Club activity... We dissected squids! I had a group of 10 girls, including Jayden. We all had our own squids, and a paper sheet to follow with directions. Most of the girls did not want to cut their own up and find the parts. I took my camera, but my hands were to slimy to take any pictures. (I doubt anyone wanted to see those pictures =) ...I spent my time going from girl to girl helping out. We all learned alot about how squids work, and also how to tell a male from a female once they are cut open. We even got to write our name using the squids ink! Jayden is my daughter through and through. Not one time was she grossed out. She was the only one that I didn't have to help out. I am VERY proud of her.

No comments: